Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My baby doctor

Ugh, so we took Fodie to get shots today.  He was like this.  And I was also like this:


We were both very unhappy little giraffes.  

Anyway, it was cray.  First of all, a short and funny conversation I had:

Pediatrician:  If he gets congested, just put a couple of saline drops in his nostril.  But make sure to do only one nostril at a time.

Me:  So I don't accidentally waterboard him?

*silence*

Pediatrician: ...Yup.


Totally accurate.  High five me!  

But then, Fodie got shots.  It was rill bad.  RILL BAD.  The medical assistants who did it were both really derpy.  Last time, the gal who did it was very very fast and efficient.  These girls must have been learning or something because they were slow.  And derpy.  And when they were giving him the Hep B shot... the syringe broke.  IN HIS LEG.  So they went to pull the shot away and there was still a needle sticking out of his leg.  Poor little screaming baby.  Ugh.  So they had to give him the shot AGAIN.  At that point, he was so worn out from crying, that they just gave him the shot while I held him, while he slept.  He stirred enough to let out a little cry but stayed asleep, more or less.  Poor fella.  Getting shots is tough tough stuff.  Blah.

3 comments:

  1. first of all, shots are the WORST! I made Neal take off work to take him when shots were involved. Secondly, G was also a Giraffe for his first Halloween... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible!!! I can't believe that happened. Those nurses need to practice on adults before they're let loose on a sweet baby! Hey have u started cereal yet? (And I don't mean to sound horrible but fodie is DANG cute crying. That pic is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Hannah-- TJ came with me and chased those MA's out as they rushed out of the room to have a little pow-wow about what to do next, and I could hear him very politely asking WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT?! And Abby-- we've started a tiny bit of cereal, but he isn't a huge fan. We've tried cereal, pears, and banana. He still totally prefers boob, but as you've seen... hes a fat guy, so its all good. No rush. And I agree... he is totally cute crying. He is the sweetest baby ever! I just want to eat him up!

    ReplyDelete